In accordance with the Community Directives and the Greek Legal Framework, the producers of Electrical and Electronic Equipment are obliged to set up Individual Systems or to participate in Collective Systems of Alternative Management of WEEE related to their activity (Article 17 of L. 2939/2001 and as per the more specific conditions provided for in Joint Ministerial Decision no 23615/651/E.103).
According to the law, an EEE producer is considered any person who, irrespective of the sales technique they use, ensures that:
- they are established in the country and manufacture EEE under their name or trademark or they commission its design or manufacture. The EEE is then made available on the market under their name or trademark within the Greek territory
- they are established in the country and resell within the Greek territory under their name or trademark equipment produced by other suppliers, wherein the reseller is not considered a “producer” if the manufacturer’s brand is indicated on the equipment as per the previous bullet
- they are established in the country and manufacture EEE under their name or trademark or commission the design or manufacture of EEE, which is then made available on the market under their name or trademark within the Greek territory
- they sell EEE in the country via distance communication directly to private households or to users other than private households and they are established in another Member State or in a third country
- In the case of the distance sale of goods through an online platform that fall under the Extended Producer Responsibility (EPR), the obligation to fulfill the obligations of the producer arising from the EPR rests with the administrator of the online sales platform, unless the seller of the good presents the online sales platform with a certificate of registration in the National Registry of Producers of Packaging and Other Products (EMPA)
Registry of EEE producers
According to Joint Ministerial Decision Electronic Reference 23615/651/E.103 the Ministry of Environment and Energy draws up a Registry of Producers of Electrical and Electronic Equipment. The registration of all liable producers in the National Registry of Producers is mandatory. The successful completion of the process of EMPA registration leads to issuing a registration certificate and a unique PRN (Producer Registration Number) for each company.
The traffickers (distributors), in accordance with the provisions of par. 2.1.2 of article 6 of the Joint Ministerial Decision Electronic Reference 23615/651/Ε.103, are obliged a) to trade in the market only EEE items that are included in an approved alternative management system b) to get EEE items from producers registered in the Register.
Entry and registration steps
For already registered producers
Up to now 3.424 companies / producers of EEE (Electrical & Electronic Equipment) have honored our collective system with their cooperation. Their contribution to the substantial function of the alternative management of WEEE in our country is invaluable.
The graph below depicts the progress of the number of entries to “Appliances Recycling S.A.” from the day the system started to operate.
Procedure for joining the system
Complete the process of joining the producer registry in two simple steps
- The Entry Agreement which must be signed in 2 copies (the legal representative is required to sign with their initials on all pages (33) as well as provide a corporate seal, apart from the signature, on page (20) under the contracting parties)
- The form with the liable producer details to be completed
- The sub-category labeling form where the necessary fields are to be marked
- The product list in which the items you trade must be entered
- The periodic declaration form that must be completed for the three years prior to the producer’s entry to the registry, up to the last calendar month preceding the signing of the Entry Agreement
- The electronic invoicing acceptance or non-acceptance form
- Legal documents depending on the legal form of your company.
After you send these to our offices and they are signed by the CEO, one copy of the contract will be returned to you.
In case your company operates as an authorized dealer
Entrance to PSAE
The PSAE (Security and Confidentiality Information System) application offers the following possibilities to users:
- Submitting a statement – Searching for electronic invoices
- Issuing a certificate of participation for any legal use
- Reading / Creating message – Statistics
- Producer record issuance – Statistics
Entrance to PSAE
According to Joint Ministerial Decision No 23615/651/E.103, in order to minimize the disposal of WEEE as mixed municipal waste and to facilitate their separate collection, EEE producers must properly mark it with the symbol cited in Annex IX (preferably according to the European standard EN 50419) of the EEE available on the market. In exceptional cases, if deemed necessary due to the size or function of the product, the symbol shall be printed on the package, in the instructions for use and the guarantee of the EEE in question.
Marking of EEE
According to the Ministerial Decision 23615/651/E.103, in order to minimize the disposal of WEEE as mixed municipal waste and to facilitate the separated collection, EEE Producers are obliged to mark their respective products (EEE) put on the market with the symbol in Annex IX ( preferably in accordance with European Standard EN 50419 ). In exceptional occasions, if necessary due to the size or function of the product the symbol should be printed on the packaging, the instructions and the warranty of the EEE.